Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween DIY sign!

Just made this tonight!

Okay so my door totally needs a coat of paint but I rent and I'm not that invested in painting (just yet anyways).


But I am in LOVE with this project!  I got the idea from Thrifty Decor Chick she made a similar sign but covered it with decorative bat paper.  Well I didn't have any paper and I was going to make some but then I thought ding ding ding - I have black tissue paper and that would give it a cool texture! Also it was free! (I think it came from Zara when I ordered some stuff online.) anyways this whole project was pretty much free all you need is:

Cardboard
Printer
Glue
Ribbon
Tissue/decorative paper

Print out the letters in whatever font you like, cut out the cardboard in the letter shapes and ball out tissue paper to cover it!  So simple! I think I need to shorten the length of the ribbon but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I think I might have to make a MOSS sign and cover it in actual moss! Also been thinking about Christmas etc. and a fun Ho Ho Ho sign would be nice too! 

What will you make?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me.